Dear Guest! Thank you very much for visiting our website. The website polishpropellers.com is a direct result of our hobby and is run on the hobby basis. We will highly appreciate any comments (however, please just bear in mind that the site is still under construction).
Our goal is to present the history of propellers manufactured in Poland, used by Polish aviation, and foreign aviation forces flying over Polish lands as well. Gradually we will add information about other propellers, not directly related to Polish history.
During last couple of years we managed to collect plenty of information, propeller dimensions, pictures, etc. We also managed to reproduce some decals, hub plates and we will be glad to share our experience with you.
If you are a lucky owner of a propeller, you would like to share your knowledge, pictures or ask a question concerning propellers, you are welcome to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s start a conversation
We would like to thank the following persons and institutions:
- Museum of Polish Aviation in Kraków and specially Museum Director Mr Krzysztof Radwan, and Mr Piotr Łopalewski, Mr Mateusz Tułodziecki for making available the collection of museum library.
- Museum of Technology in Warsaw: Director Mr Edward Malak, Mrs Krystyna Twardowska, Mr Marcin Grzymkowski for making available the collection of propellers.
- Polish Airforce Museum in Dęblin: Director Mr Paweł Pawłowski, Mr Jacek Zagożdżon and museum staff.
- Mr Andrzej Glass for his valuable remarks and help to establish contacts.
- Mrs Wanda Gunawardana and Mrs Penelope Collet of the Szomański family for sharing invaluable information on the Szomański family.
- Jeżów Glider Works and Mr Henryk Mynarski for cooperation.
- Mr Stanisław Błasiak from Jeżów for his support.
- Mr Bob Gardner for inspiration and providing support.
- Mr Pierre-Michel Decombeix for comprehensive support concerning French propellers.
- Mr Koloman Mayrhofer for invaluable support concerning Austro-Hungarian propellers.
- Mr Mariusz Kwartnik who helped us to build this page,
- All persons who sent photos, drawings and information concerning propellers. The names can be found with the corresponding posts.