About the propeller. The propeller was produced by Warsztaty Centralnych Zakładów Lotniczych in Warsaw. Polish aircraft manufacturer.
Construction. The propeller lamination consists of nine ash plies. Diameter of propeller is about 270 cm (probably 275 or 278 cm) and the pitch is 240 cm. The propeller has not metal sheathing on leading edge. The propeller is covered with clear varnish. There is characteristic red and white decal with CZL logo on a blade.
Aircraft and Engine. Due to size and pattern of bolt holes in the hub we can suppose that propeller was intended for Austrian six-cylinder, liquid cooled 225 HP Austro Daimler engine. The most probable aircraft equipped with this engine was Oeffag DIII series 253. Those planes were manufactured by Österrichische Flugzeugfabrik AG and two batches of fighters were purchased by Poland in 1919 (26 and 12 aircraft). Those fighters saw combat use in 7th and 19th Fighter Squadrons. In Poland the Oeffag DIIIs were in service until 1923.
A. Morgała „Samoloty wojskowe w Polsce 1924 – 1939” (Polish military aircraft 1924 -1939)
Period Advert. Hiero engines, 1920s
Period Advert. Heiduk propellers, 1920s.