Szomański, PWS 14 and PWS 16

About the propeller. The propeller was produced by Włodzimierz Szomański’s factory, Warsaw. Privately owned, presented in Museum of Air Force, Dęblin (July 2018). Pitch markings not clear (corrected?). Purchased by Museum of Polish Air Force, on permanent display.

Construction. The propeller lamination consists of 9 ash plies. The outboard leading edge of each blade has an aluminum sheathing. The propeller was originally covered with fabric and black Tonkilaque coating. Clearly visible is separation line of canvas previously covering propeller blade; glue print left on the part, where the canvas was removed.

Aircraft and Engine. This propeller was installed on PWS 14 and PWS 16 aircraft. Both aircraft were powered by Skoda -Wright Wirlwind J-5A/B radial engine, rated to 220 HP

References:

Period Advert. Szomański 1932.

Advert of Polish Air Force Museum.